6.1 Degree Classifications

When you have completed the various stages of your programme successfully, you will receive the award towards which you have been studying (normally Hons Degree). You will be given that award with a particular 'classification' (e.g. you might be awarded a first-class or lower second degree, or a Certificate or MA with distinction, depending on the marks you have received for relevant modules).

The College observes the standard University Assessment Procedures. These set out the detailed rules by which your eligibility for a particular award is judged, and the classification of that award calculated.

For more information on assessment procedures please see the University UG Assessment Procedures and the PG Taught Assessment Procedures.